FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
What is the dress code for Mockingbird?
- Dress Code: Mockingbird Elementary follows the standards outlined in the Mockingbird Elementary Standardized Dress Code.
- School will begin at 7:45 am. Teachers will begin walking students in from the white top at 7:35 am SHARP. Students arriving after 7:45 am will be considered tardy and need to pick up a tardy slip from the front office BEFORE going to their classroom. Pick up on the white top is 3:00 pm. Please pick up your children in a timely manner as many teachers need to return to their classrooms for clean-up and/or tutoring.
What school supplies do I need to purchase for my child(ren)?
- 2020-21 School Supply Lists:
Full School Supply Lists for each grade:
Where can I find the Elementary School Lunch Menu?
- Click here for the daily lunch menu provided by DISD. All meals and menus for Dallas ISD can be found on our Nutrislice page, or by selecting Dallas ISD on the Nutrislice App for your Apple or Android. Not only does Nutrislice allow you to view menu information every day in a variety of languages, but it's also jam-packed with other useful features. You can use the buitl-in allergen filters, view pictures of items, read nutrition information, and even leave us reviews on items on the menu!
How do I schedule a tour of Mockingbird?
- Guided group tours take place the first Wednesday of each month beginning in September, and continue through May (no summer tours). No appointment necessary, but please register at the front desk upon arrival. Tours start at 9:30 a.m. For more information, please email Kearney Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific dates for tours can be found on our Main School Calendar.
Click on events below to view details
- Monday, March 8
- Tuesday, March 9
- Wednesday, March 10
- Thursday, March 11
*Dates subject to change.
Blue = Main Calendar
Red = Feeder Pattern Calendar
Grey = DISD Calendar
You can subscribe to a calendar HERE to receive automatic date updates.